Dec 22, 2008

The Urge

There were times in his life when he could not control it. The urge bubbled inside him like something alive and potent, kicking and screaming to be let out. He stared at the girl sitting across the table. His first date in many years and he was feeling that old old desire again.

What will she think of me if I do it?

Will she leave, or will she strike me in disgust?


Words rumbled and jumbled in his head, he had to find a way soon or there was going to be trouble. He looked behind him at saw a waiter in the pathway, if only he could reach his leg to the side and trip him and spill those drinks…he found out in a second that he could.

The waiter missed seeing the leg and was soon making acquaintance with the cold floor in a puddle of the drinks he was carrying. Some of it, as intended spilled on the skirt of the girl.

"Excuse me dear, I have to use the rest room." she said and left.

He smiled contentedly, gave in to his urge and started to suck his thumb.

--------

It's not always about blood, violence and gore. We are going to have a seven day story fest soon. Most probably the last seven days of the year, give me a reminder if you don't see a story here. My PR guy told him that people have been contacting him on Facebook, which is cool, if you can find us, you can add us. Cheers!

N

23 comments:

  1. lol!

    ur PR guy? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Makes me wanna suck my thumb too, kinky! Woof!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D
    that was one awesome twist. where do you get all this from? you brilliant mastermind,you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harshad...

    yeah, some shit whose name I can't remember. He handles all stuff on social networking and keeps the media off my back :)

    Really.

    N

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sia...

    I torture lil babies to get the stories out of them.

    N








    LOL. Kiddin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL...Nothingman at his best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. See, I wouldn't date someone who sucked his thumb..atleast not in front of me.. So, yeah, I can understand his reticience..

    ReplyDelete
  8. A brilliant one after the gore-ish last one. Cleared and topped up the hang-over of the three-part story.
    Good.

    And to the thumb-sucker, i think his urge was justified. Afterall, why can't he? why shouldn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a feeling it was something like that! N, you're losing you're touch! xP Ok no, not really. :P

    I'll check out the tag now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. different. and hence interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Shmoo said...

    OH! Freak freak freaK! Sooooo didn't see that coming! DAMN!!!

    ~

    Who ever does see it coming? :P

    N

    ReplyDelete
  12. QB...

    Awww, this was cute! You ain't seen freaky yet ;)

    N

    ReplyDelete
  13. Priya...

    oh, this was just a trailer :P the best as they say.... he he he

    N

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anamika...

    How would you know if whoever you are dating doesn't suck his thumb? it's fate! it's chance and whole lot of luck to get a non sucky date.

    :P

    N

    ReplyDelete
  15. Monk-E...

    Exactly man, everyone should be free to suck. LOL.

    N

    ReplyDelete
  16. LD...

    Keep such feelings to yourself :P and I've still got the touch ;) I touch so many people through my blogs :P LOL.

    xP

    hee hee

    N

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rocking and Rollling baby! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL..

    good one.. :)

    I think its the first one with no gore..!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. :D

    Damn! A refreshing change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sometimes you just have to give in to those urges! Best wishes Nman!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Umm instead of creating all the ruckus just to send her to the restroom, couldn't he simply have excused himself and gone?

    I guess his real urge was to trip the waiter ;). Then the commotion made him nervous and he started sucking his thumb.

    Will read other stories when I visit now and then.

    These days I've become a passive blogger. Post and go types. Dont even visit old and familiar blogs that often. Dont even reply to comments at my own blog :P

    ReplyDelete
  22. hahaha...loved this one...!!! totally

    ReplyDelete