Nov 30, 2008

The Cigarette


I flicked the Zippo's wheel, the flint caught the flame and started to burn with a slow sputter. Shading the flame with my hand I lit the cigarette in my mouth, taking a deep drag to let the flame catch. The minty taste of the tobacco filled my mouth and I flipped the lighter close.

I took the cigarette from my mouth and placed it between her lips. She took a satisfied, long drag, touched my cheek and said, "You're a sweetheart."

And I felt loved.

---
I could have written more, but I think nothing more can be written after this.

A humble and insincere thanks to everyone for reading this whole week. A summing up post tomorrow and then...who knows!


17 comments:

  1. well..as it goes..short n sweet... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heee. ok i smoke and this is swell.

    and zippo rules. x|

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm my dad once tried to make a lizard smoke...and that's when he was a kid :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harshad...

    Short and smokey by my guess ;)

    N

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jadis...

    I like gils who smoke! Heck, I like you already!

    Zippos, rock n rule ;)

    N

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris...

    I think you mean your dad tried to smoke a roach? If he tried to make a lizard smoke, he is way cooler than any of us LOL :D

    N

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm...smoking is bad but I love to see my man smoke!

    ReplyDelete
  8. QB...

    Would your man like to see you smoke? ;) ask him next time you meet him he he

    N

    ReplyDelete
  9. NM: he said he won't :|

    ReplyDelete
  10. Am waiting for the summing up post which should have been posted yesterday :|

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it.s ilove smoking:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. she always says that to me...
    pity she says it only when i don't smoke..

    trying to quit..now i smoke a pack every two days..

    and i've hinted to everyone that a zippo is an ideal gift for me...dumbasses no ones gets the hint...

    ZIPPO'S RULE !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. minty tobacco? What's she smokin' a polo mint?

    ReplyDelete
  14. QB...was held up by weird things :)

    Anon...I know you do. ;)

    AS...well, steal a zippo then ;) two packs a day? way to go man!

    MSP...not a polo mint, its those girly ciggys, mint flavored, very popular with the girls here i say :P

    Woot!

    N

    ReplyDelete
  15. the setting seems familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish more people would get that if it's cool for a guy to smoke, it's cool for a girl too.

    The post is good.
    No, really.

    ReplyDelete