People do not know about Google Reader.
Now, I know that as readers of A Story A Day all of you are super cool and at the cutting edge of the latest technology but, BUT, there are still too many people who do not know about Google Reader, and there are those who know about it but are not using it!
So, here are my two rupees, check out Google reader NOW and believe me, reading blogs would never be the same again :)
How does it work do I hear you say?
Well, without going into the technical details look for the small square orange icon that you see at so many places on the web, on blogs, news sites and well, some of our high tech porno sites too. That small icon is the symbol of a RSS (Really Simple Syndication) Feed and you can use an external feed reader or Google reader to subscribe to that feed and receive updates from that website.
Google Reader uses your Gmail ID to log into and once logged in, its all pretty self explanatory, you just shove in the URL of the blog/news site/ porn site you wanna 'subscribe' to and voila! you are done.
Build a list of your favourite blogs and every time a blog updates you can read it through your feed reader without the bother of going to the URL to check for updates. Though, ofcourse be nice enough to go and leave a comment on the blog, IFF you like what you read.
And, now, in bulleted points some advantages of Google Reader:
- An organized list of blogs.
- It remembers the blog and the URL, even if you forget.
- You can star a post for reading later.
- You can email a post you like to your friends because,well, Sharing is Caring.
- Make separate folders for Blogs, News Sites and :) Porn sites.
- Display your chosen blogs in the side bar of your blog!> like in mine, check in the sidebar
- User friendly interface.
- Google reader keeps all old posts in its archive so even your favorite author goes mad and decides to delete the blog, well, you still have all them steller posts ;)
- Besides...It's Google, It's fun!(C)
And there we go, All done. So, if you are still not using Google reader, what are you doing here?! Go here!
And for fuck's sake switch to Firefox :P
Stories will resume soon i.e., when I get a few comments on what you thought of this post :)