Hey, anyone reading this, well, there are some fishy websites that are pirating my first ebook of short stories 13 Days of Nothing.
Don't click on the links of those websites. They're mostly scams and they just want to make you jump through hoops and not even give you a free download.
You can download the book from kindle store on Amazon or you can ask me for q copy. But seriously, don't go to those read online free or download ePub type of websites. God knows what kind of shit they'll put on your computer.
Yeah, so all my ebooks are available on Amazon or directly from me.
Apr 28, 2016
I wrote The Story of You long time ago. It's about a dream, and it takes the reader, that is you, through an adventure of finding out your name. So, are you able to find your name and what are the strange things chasing after you? Which lover stalks you as you make your way through the endless dreamlands?
It is a short book. More like a short story, but those who've read it have told me it reads "very trippy". That's a good thing I guess. Give it a whirl if you must. It's what 1$ on amazon store.
If you don't want to buy it but you want to read it, get in touch with me and we can arrange a copy for you. But how to get in touch, figure it out. Leave me a comment or send me an email or be clever about it ;)
Regular storytelling resumes from next post!
Apr 18, 2016
Books are not easy. Not easy to write, not easy to read, and definitely not easy to promote. With Jungle, instead of putting it out for free for five days, I made it free for just two.
My thinking behind this was that just two days of downloads will made more people download that book because with five days, people might get lazy and things kind of begin to slide out of their focus whenever you promote your work repeatedly on social platforms.
For Jungle, I didn't have twitter to push the links to people. Sure, I had Instagram, Snapchat and Tumblr, but my maximum followers are on Twitter, so it kinda felt like fighting with a hand and leg tied behind my back. I really thought I'd be able to get traction with Insta and Snap, but I was wrong. Sure, these platforms are good for long term concepts, but for flash sales or two day download window, nothing hits harder than Twitter, I guess.
In the two days, first day, Jungle racked up 25 downloads, second day 24 downloads, and 2 downloads in the remnant of the day. So, a total of 53 people have read the book. My math is right, shut up.
I won't say I am disappointed, but I am not very happy with the numbers. I guess it's not enough how much heart you put in your work, you have to sell the sizzle before you sell the sausage. It was a learning experience anyway.
I hope all of those who downloaded the book enjoyed it. The next one is something different, it's called The Story of You. And it'll be out before this month is over.
More soon. As always, any feedback or thoughts are welcome in comments.
Apr 12, 2016
Link --> Jungle by Pallav
So, this above is the link to the ebook I've been working on for past some months. Yeah, it takes that long to write something that's only 13000 words.
Here's my elevator pitch that might make you want to buy this book.
- If you're bored of complex books with tons of characters and lessons of morality, this book is for you.
- If you're bored of books that never seem to finish, this book is for you.
- If you like your fiction sharp and your characters wicked, this book is for you. If you like action movies, this book is for you.
- If you like pop culture references, this book is for you.
- If you're an overall cool dude/dudette with an open mind, I want to put this book in your brainpan. You owe it to yourself to read it.
- If you like characters breaking the fourth wall in a book, go ahead and download.
Some things this book has
- horrible death(s)
- advanced swearing
- excessive violence
- bad guys
- one exploding helicopter
- one weapon of mass destruction
- a story that is pure action
- nice descriptions of jungle
- pictures of your kidnapped family
- so buy this fucking book already
This is a book with no lessons in it (maybe), but I can promise you this, it is a fun book. If you manage to read till the end, you'd want to go back and read it again. At least some parts.
Here's the deal, the ebook is going to be free on 13th and 14th April. That's Wednesday and Thursday. Mark your calendars. Two full days, 48 complete hours. After that it'll go back to being at 0.99 cents or 66 INR or whatever currency works in your part of the world where Amazon sells this one. You can download it now and read it as and when you like.
How and Where You Can Read This Book
1) If you've got a kindle, then you know the whole deal, you download the book and it appears by magic on your kindle and you're good to go.
2) If you don't have a kindle, you probably have a smartphone or a tablet. You can download the kindle app for your smartphone/tablet, buy the book from the link above and if you're signed into your kindle app with the same Amazon account from which you bought the book, magic! Book is on your device. Download kindle app for android from here and for iOS from here.
3) You do not have a smartphone that can run the kindle app? Fear not, you have a browser! (I know you do cuz you're reading this blog). Go to www.read.amazon.com and login with the same Amazon account as the one you bought the book with. And you'll see the book there.
Now, I understand there are some countries where Amazon doesn't sell Kindle books or maybe you missed the promotion period or maybe you don't have a credit/debit card right now.
That's fine. Drop me a line on Instagram (www.instagram.com/pa11av) or Snapchat or send me a message on my tumblr. All else failing, leave a comment here and we'll figure out what to do about that.
Here's the link to the book again, http://www.amazon.in/dp/B01E31KZSI and I hope you click it, read it, enjoy it and leave me a review.
You can also check the book out on Goodreads here. And if you do none of the above, please add the book to your Want To Read pile on Goodreads.
Any reviews, any shoutouts, any feedback (positive only) will be highly appreciated.
That's about it, that's all I had to say. For now.
Happy reading :)